The program is designed not only for aerospace start-ups but also encourages ones with innovative, new-age solutions that can be adapted for the aviation sector. This includes Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Factories of the Future, Smart Energy, Cybersecurity, Supply Chain/Blockchain, Space Tech, Urban Air Mobility etc.The applications were reviewed on the basis of business concept, level of innovation, scalability and potential to solve real-life problems in aviation. The six start-ups selected are:
- ZASTI: ZASTI’s Deep Learning algorithm is trained for pattern identification and tuned for aerospace and other verticals such as healthcare, InsurTech, oil and gas and greenTech. It enables actionable analysis of a wide array of data (Image, sound, etc) from multiple data sources. This enables ZASTI to be used for wide-ranging applications from predictive maintenance in aviation to early detection of blindness in healthcare.
- Orxa Energies: It develops performance electric vehicles and associated e-transportation technologies. It believes that Battery Swap will be a key enabler to the swift electrification of transport.
- Airpix Geoanalytics: Their solution is a solar powered Low Altitude, Long Endurance (LALE) Unmanned Aerial System (UAS) system which combines the low cost, portability and mission flexibility of Small UAS with long endurance and reliability of Medium Altitude, Long Endurance (MALE) UAS. The intended applications are Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and remote sensing.
- CATS Global: CATS is one of the few companies enabling light as a single sensor that monitors on real time all parameters for Environment (pollution, weather, hydrodynamic signatures), Condition and Vibration Monitoring (movement, force, acceleration, displacements, flow, records sound etc.), Structural Health Monitoring (buildings, bridges, aircraft etc.), Security & Surveillance and Exhaled Breath Analysis.
- Block Armour: Block Armour is focused on harnessing the potential of emerging technologies such as blockchain to counter growing cyber security challenges in bold new ways.
- Hindustan Magnesium: It is a pioneer in providing light weight solutions to automotive, aerospace and defence sectors through innovation in designing and engineering using new generation magnesium alloys.
“Apart from the acceleration program for the selected start-ups, the BizLab in India has formed a community of over 2,300 start-ups from India, South-East Asia and Israel. We would be actively engaging with the community to share challenges and identify more innovative start-ups to work with. We truly believe that the start-up ecosystem in India is one of the most promising around the world and are excited by some of the on-going projects at the BizLab in Bengaluru.” said Bruno Gutierres, Global Head - Airbus BizLab. “Our goal is to simply foster innovation and create more opportunities for start-ups to work in the aerospace and defence sectors and vice versa.”
After the successful culmination of the second season of Airbus BizLab in Bengaluru, one of the start-ups specialising in Procurement Analytics, NEEWEE has signed a contract with the Airbus plant in Hamburg for building early warning and risk monitoring systems for a better visibility for Airbus on its supply chain. This has the potential to become an end-to-end solution for Airbus, starting from the procurement stage right up to the final assembly line stage. Other start-ups are also expected to sign partnership agreements shortly to see their projects become a reality.